Costumes of Downton Abbey at Winterthur (March 1, 2014 - January 4, 2015) is an original exhibition of the exquisite designs from the award-winning television series. Forty historically inspired costumes from the show will be displayed and supplemented by photographs and vignettes inspired by the fictional program and by real life at Winterthur. The Inn's discounted Winterthur tickets and 2014 Brandywine Treasures Passports (please see below) are valid for admission to the exhibition, but advance timed reservations are required (call 800.448.3883 for your timed reservation and tell them that you already have an admission ticket -- but don't forget to let us know you want a discount ticket or Passport!).
Winter Weekend SpecialJanuary 10 through March 29, 2014
This Special must be Mentioned When Making Your Reservation or at Least 48 Hours Prior to Arrival, and may not be Combined with the Valentines Special. Third Party Gift Certificates, Coupons or Vouchers (other than Select Registry Golden Quill Rewards) may not be used in Conjunction with this Special.
- Reserve any Room (other than a Suite) for 2 consecutive nights that includes a Friday or Saturday Evening (or both) and Receive both a 10 Percent Room Discount and a Complimentary Room Upgrade to the Best Available Room upon Arrival Courtesy of the Innkeepers (subject, of course, to room availability).
- Reserve a Suite for 2 consecutive nights that includes a Friday or Saturday Evening (or both) and Receive Courtesy of the Innkeepers Your Choice of one of the following :
- 10 percent room discount
- Admission for 2 to both Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine River Museum
- 2 Brandywine Wine Trail Passports
- A Bottle of Champagne, Red Wine, or White Wine Delivered to Your Suite each Afternoon or Evening.
- A $75 Dining Certificate good towards Dinner for 2 at Brandywine Prime restaurant
Winter Weekday Special
January 8 through April 3, 2014
Reserve any Room Sunday through Thursday Evenings:
This Special must be Mentioned When Making Your Reservation or at least 48 Hours Prior to Arrival and may not be Combined with the Valentines Special. Third Party Gift Certificates, Coupons or Vouchers (other than Select Registry Golden Quill Rewards) may not be used in Conjunction with this Special.
- 1-night stay - 15 percent discount
- 2-night stay - 35 percent discount for the 2nd night or a $75 Dining Certificate good towards Dinner for 2 at Brandywine Prime restaurant
- 3-night stay - 3rd night "On The Inn" Courtesy of the Innkeepers
March Madness Special
Select a team in either the men's or women's NCAA Basketball Tournament and have your stay with us discounted depending on how far your team progresses in the tournament.
Rules (there are always rules): Discounts apply to one stay (up to 3 nights) at the Inn between March 1 and April 30, 2014. You must choose your team not later noon on March 18 for the Men's bracket or noon on March 22 for the Women's bracket (no exceptions). You may call or e-mail us with your selection, even if you made your reservation prior the posting of this special. Discounts are not cumulative, and cannot be combined with any other special. Third party gift certificates or vouchers cannot be used with this special. Only one team per reservation. Your discount may take the form of a credit card refund depending on the date of your stay and/or the progress of your team.
- If your team reaches the "Elite 8" - Room discounted by 10%
- If your team reaches the "Final 4" - Room discounted by 15%
- If your team reaches the "National Finals" - Room discounted by 20%
- If your team wins the Tournament - Room discounted by 25%
Special Discounted Attractions Admissions
We are pleased to offer to our guests discounted individual admission to the following Brandywine Valley attractions:
Winterthur Museum & Country Estate (includes House Tour) -- $16.50.
Brandywine River ("Wyeth") Museum -- $10
Longwood Gardens (open, un-timed admission) -- $16
Because our ability to obtain these discounted admissions is limited, we recommend that your ask for them when making your reservation.
Brandywine Treasures 2014 Passport
If your are staying with us to visit the wonderful attractions in the Brandywine Valley, the Brandywine Treasures Passport mmay be just what you need. Each Passport entitles the holder to visit each of the following 11 venues: Longwood Gardens, Winterthur Estate & Gardens, Brandywine River("Wyeth") Museum, Hagley Museum, Nemours Mansion & Gardens, Delaware Art Museum, Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, Delaware Historical Society, Delaware Museum of Natural History, Rockwood Park & Mansion, and the Mt. Cuba Center. Compared to individual admission costs, the Passports are an exceptional value. $43 per person, but please tell us in advance if you would like to purchase a Passport. Passports are valid from May 24 through
September 1, 2014. Please note that advance reservations are required for Nemours, Mt. Cuba, and the Costumes of Downton Abbey exhibit at Winterthur. As with our Longwood Gardens discount tickets, Passport holders have open admission to Longwood Gardens (other tickets are "timed").
Among our (and our guests) favorite restaurants are Brandywine Prime, which is a modern American steakhouse specializing in fresh seafood and quality aged beef, set in the contemporary renovation of an early 18th century inn. If a creative burger is your style, check out their Burger Bar. We are pleased to offer our guests a $75 dining certificate that can be used at Brandywine Prime for the special price of $59. If this restaurant appeals to you as it does to us, you can't go wrong. As we like to say, you can do the math. The dining certificate does not include alcohol, taxes or gratuities. Please let us know in advance if you would like a dining certificate. We also recommend advance reservations, which we are glad to arrange.
Balloon Flight Adventures
The Fairville Inn has joined with Air Ventures to offer very special accommodations and balloon flight packages for lovers and adventurers alike. Enjoy the elegance, the romance, and the adventure -- come fly with us!
Romantic Balloon Flight Adventure For Two
Accommodations for Two Nights & Air Fare for Two (all inclusive): $1,500
- Two nights in a room in the Springhouse, together with a tempting platter of cheese, crackers, and fruit; your choice of a bottle of champagne or wine; and a pair of absolutely luscious chocolate truffles. Full breakfast and afternoon tea are, of course, included.
- A spectacular balloon flight over the Brandywine Valley at dusk or dawn, including transportation to and from the Inn (with a possible launch from the Inn's back meadow), followed by a Champagne toast and a light snack.
- Free admission tickets for 2 to your choice of 2 of the following: Longwood Gardens, the Brandywine River "Wyeth" Museum or Winterthur Museum & Estate.
(Room upgrades may be available: Add $85 for a Carriage House deluxe room or $150 for a Carriage House suite.)
Custom Balloon Flight Packages
The Fairville Inn and Air Ventures will gladly work with you to create a custom accommodations and balloon flight package that meets your needs. Accommodations and flight packages for two start at $995 (all inclusive) for a one night weekday stay in a Main House Room and a balloon flight either on the afternoon of your arrival, or on the morning of the following day. Want to add a second night or perhaps something special in your room or in the air? Just let us know and we will work with you to make it happen.
Reservations may be made through either the Inn (610.388.5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Air Ventures (800-826-6361 or Flights@Air-Ventures.com).
Please Note: Advance reservations for rooms and flights are required. Inn rooms are subject to availability and the Inn's standard cancellation policy. One-night accommodations on a Friday or Saturday night from April through December may not be available or may be subject to a surcharge. Please call or e-mail Air Ventures for their policies concerning balloon flight cancellations.
Brandywine Valley Wine Trail
Come and experience the wonderful wines of the Brandywine Valley. Each Passport entitles the bearer to a wine tasting at a wonderful selection of wineries, and includes a wine glass to take home with you and a map to guide you on your tour. $20 per Passport. You may order Passports in advance or purchase them at the Inn. For more information, go to brandywinewinetrail.org
Click here for more information
The In-Room Massage The Inn has teamed up with a massage therapist nationally certified in therapeutic massage and bodywork. Services are provided in-room, by advance appointment. Click here for our Massage Specials.
TYING THE KNOT (a/k/a Getting Married)?
Although the Fairville Inn does not host weddings, we are proud to partner with Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast and Pennsbury Inn Bed & Breakfast, which are exceptional venues for weddings and other events. Both Faunbrook and Pennsbury can arrange transportation for your guests staying at the Fairville Inn.
With its spacious house and inviting grounds, Faunbrook can comfortably host an intimate wedding for up to 85 guests.
Pennsbury, with its c. 1714 colonial home and 8 acres of gardens and woods, can accommodate an indoor wedding for up to 85 guests and a tented garden wedding for up to 150.
Paired with either Faunbrook or Pennsbury, together we can offer you and your guests 22 rooms.
Special flowers in the room? Chocolates? A bottle of champagne or wine? Fruit and cheese? All or some of each? Just let us know what you would like to make your stay extra special and we will work with you to make it happen.
Castaldi's Salon and Spa
Reward yourself with a peaceful and serene day of beauty and rest. Castaldi's Salon and Spa offers a number of tempting packages. Choose from a manicure or pedicure, an invigorating facial or massage, or a pampering Mini Day of Beauty. Or perhaps indulge yourself and combine packages. Please let us know as early as possible if you would like a Castaldi's package so we can make the necessary arrangements for you. Prices will vary depending upon the package(s) selected. Packages are, of course, subject to Castaldi's availability.
View Castaldi's website!
- Make a polished impression with a manicure or pedicure.
- Put your best face forward with an invigorating facial.
- Revitalize your muscles, joints, tone, and circulation with a massage.
- Pamper your beautiful self with the Mini Day of Beauty.
Subject to availability, please mention this special as early as possible in order to secure spa reservations.